Employer Nomination Scheme visa
This visa enables skilled employees nominated by an employer to stay and work permanently in Australia.
Australian PR by Skill Nomination
Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Guide
Skilled employees can get permanent residency through the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), often called subclass 186 visas. Both applicants residing outside of Australia and those currently working and living there temporarily are eligible. An Australian employer must nominate a skilled person to qualify for this visa.
Employer Nomination Scheme Overview
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Study and work in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia's public health insurance program.
- Sponsor your family and relatives to come to Australia
- Visa free travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, apply to become an Australian citizen
- Have an occupation which is part of the eligible skilled occupation list
Unless you are exempt, possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
Unless you are exempt, you must obtain a positive skill assessment.
It is a long-term visa. It permits indefinite residence in Australia. The travel component of the visa expires five years after the day it was granted. You are declared a permanent resident on the day you are issued the visa.
Your citizenship begins on the day when you begin to permanently reside in:
- If you are in Australia, the visa is granted to you.
- If you are outside of Australia, you enter Australia with this visa.
Royal Migration can help you get a work visa by assessing your qualifications and giving you expert guidance on the documentation, fees, and application procedure. Get in touch with our migration agents to start planning your journey to a permanent residency.
On this page
Verify if your occupation is on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
Most applicants, unless exempt, must have at least three years of relevant work experience in their field.
The requirement for work experience does not apply to candidates who are exempt from the skill evaluation requirement.
If obtaining a licence, registration, or membership in a professional organization is required in the state or territory where you intend to work, you must do so.
You must be nominated by an Australian employer whose enterprise is legitimately and actively managed.
Within six months of the nomination’s approval, you must submit an application for the visa.
Most candidates are required to provide a skills evaluation proving their suitability for the post they have received nomination for.
Usually, you have to be under 45 when you apply.
You are exempt from the age limit if any of the following applies to you:
- You have been nominated by an Australian institution as an academic (university professor or faculty head at Academic Level B, C, D, or E).
- You are nominated by an Australian scientific government body as a scientist, researcher, or technical (scientific) specialist at ANZSCO skill level 1 or 2.
- You have been employed by the employer who nominated you, in the nominated position, for at least 2 years in the three years immediately prior to your application, and you currently hold a Special Category (subclass 444) or New Zealand citizen’s family member (subclass 461) visa. Unpaid leave periods are not included in the two years.
You must meet the Australian health requirements, together with any family members who apply for the visa with you.
Family members who aren’t travelling with you to Australia can also be required to fulfil the health requirement.
If you are 18 years or above, you:
– Should have read the Life in Australia pamphlet or have had it explained to you, and
– Must acknowledge your commitment to upholding Australian law and the Australian way of life by signing an Australian Values Statement.
If you had a visa cancelled or denied while you were in Australia, you might not be eligible for this visa. To see if your eligibility is affected by a cancelled visa.
If you or any family members (including those who do not apply for the visa alongside you) owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have settled the debt or made arrangements for it to be settled.
186 Visa application procedure
As the scramble for Australia is continuously increasing, Royal Migration strives to keep you informed of the Australian skilled migration changes and procedures. Let’s have an overview of the application process.
Obtain a skill evaluation if necessary. The evaluation will demonstrate that you possess the necessary abilities and credentials for the position.
Before you apply, you should;
– Get your skills assessed
– Organise your English exams
– Organise your health exams
– Get the nomination transaction reference number
– Get to know your rights and your employer’s obligations
Get help with your application, you are just a call away to benefit from our expert support. Contact us today for assistance.
Your may require the below listed documents for a complete application. Make sure all the information provided must be accurate.
– Identity documents
– Licencing, registration or membership
– Skills and qualifications documents
– English language documents
– Health documents
– Partner documents
– Character documents
– Dependants under 18 documents
– Dependants over 18 documents
– Scan or photograph
Confused on where to start? Contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Make sure you have completed the document checklist and voilà! You can submit your application and wait for response.
After the application is submitted, you will receive an application reception confirmation from the Australia office. Get ready to do your health exams, biometrics and be available to provide any requested additional information.
When the office decides on your visa application, you can be inside or outside of Australia, but not in the immigration clearance process. The office will communicate her choice to you in writing.
If it approves your visa, the office will let you know:
– The starting date of your visa
– Your visa grant number, and
– If appropriate, the limitations of your visa
Save a copy of the judgment.
The office will inform you if she denies your visa:
– The reason of the rejection
– Whether you have the right to have the decision reviewed
When you have this visa
Verify your travel documents
You must have:
- A valid visa to enter Australia
- A valid passport or other travel document
Fill out an incoming traveller card.
The Incoming Passenger Card must be completed by everyone travelling to Australia. This card will be provided to you onboard.
With this visa, you can:
- Stay in Australia permanently
- Study and work in Australia
- Sign up for Medicare, Australia’s national health insurance program.
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Move in and out of Australia for 5 years
- If eligible, apply to become an Australian citizen
You might be able to sponsor qualifying relatives to immigrate to Australia as a permanent resident of Australia.
Explore your options for obtaining a visa for your relatives.
You might become eligible for Australian citizenship after a certain period of time.
Learn more about obtaining citizenship.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
– Your visa was granted, if you were in Australia
– You entered Australia on this visa if you were outside Australia when your visa was granted
Questions? You’re covered
- 25% of applications: 4 months
- 50% of applications: 5 months
- 75% of applications: 7 months
- 90% of applications: 12 months
Australia considers each application individually, and actual processing timeframes may vary due to unique situations like:
- Whether your application is comprehensive and includes all required supporting materials.
- How fast you respond to any requests for more details
- How long it takes to do the necessary checks on the supporting information provided
Within five years of receiving your visa, you are free to enter and exit Australia as often as you like. You will require a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) after five years if you want to enter Australia again as a permanent resident.
It is a long-term visa. It permits indefinite residence in Australia. The travel component of the visa expires five years after the day it was granted.
Your permanent residency starts from the day it is issued.
- Include family members in your application at the time of submitting your application
- Add family members to your application after you apply but before Australia decides on your visa
For this visa, your family members you can include are:
- your partner
- your dependent child or stepchild
- your partner's dependent child or stepchild
- the dependent child or stepchild of your or your partner's dependent child or stepchild
Contact us if you need more clarifications.
Are you eligible for the Employer Nomination Scheme visa (Subclass 186)?
The skilled nominated visa 186 is the meant for professionals looking for a permanent residency in Australia through an overseas employer. Fill in the form to get a free assessment from us.
Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) Application Process
Eligibility check for the 186 visa
From our free assessment, we will check if you are eligible for the 186 visa and assist you in the getting a genuine employer from Australia.
Get sponsorship from employer
Once you receive a genuine sponsorship, it’s time to assemble all the eligibility proves and supportive documents.
Apply for the Scheme visa 186
It’s time to submit a ZERO mistake application. Our processing officers are best in documents verification and application filling.