Travelling to Germany for Business Purposes
Visitors who intend to enter Germany solely for business purposes and are not from a visa-waiver country must obtain a Germany Business Visa.
Apply for a Germany Business Visa
Germany Business Visa Requirements and Application Process
Germany, the fourth-largest economy in the world, is home to well-known corporations and businesses with branches, partners, and collaborators in other nations, particularly third-world countries, and who frequently travel to Germany for business.
A German Business visa is a short-stay Schengen visa, permitting its bearer to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum of 90 days within 6(six) months unless the stamp on the visa states otherwise.
This visa is a perfect fit for people moving to Germany for business, attending meetings, conferences, signing contracts, and more.
German Business Visa Overview
The German Embassy may grant you a business visa, which can be single or multiple entries.
- Single entry permits you to enter Germany once and spend the number of days stated in your visa.
- The multiple entries option allows you to enter Germany more than once within six months, provided you stay within the allotted number of days (20 days). A multiple-entry visa with a validity of at least a year or more is also an option. In these scenarios, you should be cautious about upholding the 90-days-per-six-months rule, which declares that visiting Germany, you need to figure out if you have spent more than 90 days in the Schengen Area in the past 180 days.
The German Business Visa is a short-stay visa, and the primary determining criterion in whether you need this visa or not is your nationality. Fill out the form to quickly check your eligibility.
- Stay in Germany for up to 90 days within six months
- Enter Germany to perform business, attend meetings, sign contracts, and more
Royal Migration is one of the most prestigious, Professional, and successful immigration Consultants in the MENA Region (the Middle East and Africa). Thousands of businesses across Europe, The USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand owe their successful setups to us. Our track record with over 2 (two) decades of experience says it all. Get in touch with us via the contact form to discuss your business immigration options with our consultants.
On this page
German business visa requirements
The following documents are requirements for a Business visa to Germany:
- Proof of financial status
- Travel insurance policy
- Short-stay visa application form
- Information Accuracy Declaration
- Biometric photos
- A copy of your passport data page (A4 size copy)
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in the Schengen area.
- Three months’ worth of bank statements from your company
- Business references
- An extensive schedule of your business meetings (ONLY for stays over 30 days)
- A cover letter from the company, with an entire travel plan, stating your position, whether or not your employer covers the expenses, the duration of service, dates, and purpose of the trip
- The administrative documents of the company
- Invitation letter in English or German from a business partner in Germany
- Confirmation letter from a German client (in the case of consultancy services)
- Proof of civil status (if applicable)
- Valid passport from the applicant country– with at least one blank page to allow for the affixing of a visa stamp, not older than 10(ten) years, with a validity period of three months beyond your planned stay in Germany and the entire Schengen Zone, by all other passport requirements.
The German Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents if deemed necessary. To know more about what supportive documents may be required, fill out the contact form and let our experts walk you through the process.
The visa application process
The earliest you can apply for a visa is six months before your trip, and the latest is three weeks before your trip. Let us have an overview of the application process.
Depending on the type of visa (single or multiple entries), the requirements and visa fees will differ. You should apply for the appropriate visa type based on the purpose of your visit to Germany. Fill out the form to collect all the required documents before applying.
Before proceeding to the Application Centre to submit your documents-for all visa applications, an appointment determines acceptance.
A verification token will be sent to the applicant once the application is successfully verified at the application center.
Tip: Be time cautious-if you are more than 10 minutes late, the German Embassy may be unable to process your visa request.
Your application form must be complete and signed. All your documents must follow the order stated on the checklist before submission.
In the case of a complete application, the application center will temporarily hold your passport, application form, and documents. Should you take your passport during the application process for any reason, the German Embassy will cancel your application, and you will be obliged to re-apply.
If the visa application form is incomplete, the documents do not follow in the correct order, or all necessary photocopies of documents are not available, you will receive another token.
To be on the safe side, fill out the form and get your application processed by a business visa expert from Royal Migration.
After verifying your application, they will enter all the information on the application form into the German embassy’s online system, and you will receive a printed copy of your application. Minors 18 years and below must have both parents sign their application forms.
After paying for the visa, you will receive a receipt that you must keep and present to collect your processed application.
Biometrics will be collected once the application is complete.
Kudos on completing the visa application process. The application goes to the German Embassy for processing. Keep the proof of payment as it is required to collect your passport.
Questions? You’re covered
The German Embassy determines the validity of a German Business Visa. The German Embassy may grant you a single or multiple entry business visa.
In general, your visa application process takes approximately 10 to 15 days to be processed. That is why you are to apply at the latest three weeks before your trip.
They may be delays in processing your application for two reasons.
1) If the German Embassy is receiving many applications at a time
2) Due to your specific situation
No! The German short-stay Business visa only allows you to stay in Germany for up to 90 days. It does not apply to students or employees studying or working in Germany. You must apply for the appropriate visa type, such as an employment visa or a study visa.
Visa extensions are only possible in exceptional cases, and processing is by the foreigner’s authority in Germany covering the visa holder’s place of residence, which is the only authority with the decision-making power to act on a visa extension during a visit to Germany. Neither the Federal Foreign Office nor its missions abroad can do so.
Royal Migration has more than two decades of experience and a team of qualified immigration consultants who specialize in processing business visas. With thousands of success stories, fill out the form to get started with your visa application process, and we will assist you in getting an authentic business visa from Germany.
German Business Visa Eligibility Check
Are you eligible for the German Business visa?
There are some requirements for the German business visa, which you will have to meet one by one to obtain a visa that allows you to enter the country for business purposes. Contact us to discuss your eligibility with one of our business immigration consultants.
German Business Visa Application Process - Apply with us
Eligibility for the German business visa
We will check if you are eligible for the German business visa from our free assessment and guide you through proper application filling.
Review all the required documents
Ensure you have all the documentation prepared before leaving for your appointment. Our professing officers will assist you with the document verification.
Prepare for the visa interview with us
Make sure you prepare for the German business visa interview by taking typical interview questions with our expert consultants.