Skip links

UK Sole Representative Visa

Visitors who intend to enter Germany solely for business purposes and are not from a visa-waiver country must obtain a Germany Business Visa.

Represent an Overseas Business in the UK

Representative of an Overseas Business visa Requirements and Application Process

A senior employee of an overseas firm may travel to the UK with the Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa to establish and manage a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the overseas parent company. After five years, the Representative of an Overseas Business visa category allows for the achievement of indefinite permission to remain (ILR).

0 %
Success rate
Filed applications

Sole Representative Visa Overview

  • Work full-time for your employer
  • Bring your family to the UK, as “dependents” (spouse, partner, or kids)
  • Apply to extend your visa
  • Apply for permanent residency after 5 (five) years in the UK

A UK Sole Representative visa application should be submitted no later than three months before the trip.

You can stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 (three) years with the business representative visa.
It is possible to extend your visa for another 2 (two) years.
After you have made 5 (five) years in the UK, you can apply to settle permanently.

Employees of overseas newspapers, news agencies or broadcasting organizations on long-term assignments in the UK can apply as representatives of an overseas business.
Additionally, you must meet the other eligibility requirements.
You can still extend your stay as a sole representative if you are already in the UK. Fill out the contact form to get started.

Our immigration attorneys have worked with a wide variety of new ventures. Our barristers will help you navigate the complicated Home Office laws and policies once an approved endorsing body has given its stamp of approval to your business idea and expertly assist you in the application for your overseas visa.

Representative of an overseas business visa requirements

  • A valid passport or other travel identification is required
  • Proof of your ability to support yourself and any dependents during your stay in the UK, such as bank statements or pay slips
  • The application process may require you to prove your English proficiency. If you are a national of one of the 16 exempted countries, you will not have to prove your knowledge of English. Fill out the contact form to find out if you do have to prove your English proficiency
  • You must pay the health care surcharge
  • An overview of the parent company’s activities, including accounts and assets
  • Confirmation that you will be representing the parent company full-time in the UK
  • Accommodation details for your stay (if applying from outside the UK)
  • Test results in countries where tuberculosis tests are mandatory
  • A blank page in your passport (for applicants outside the UK)
  • A certified translation of documents that are not in English or Welsh

Depending on your circumstances, additional documents may be required. Fill out the contact form for a complete requirement list as per your situation.

Is your company qualified to open a branch or subsidiary in the UK?

The parent company must be an operational and trading foreign business for an employee to be eligible for a UK Overseas Business Representative visa.
The overseas parent firm must have its main office and headquarters outside of the UK and intend to keep them there.
The firm will be rejected if the parent company already has a branch, subsidiary, or another representative in the UK.
Even if there isn’t a representative in the UK, the company will be disqualified if the employee’s decision to open a branch or subsidiary there would essentially relocate the company’s headquarters there.
Additionally, the branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK must demonstrate to the Home Office that it is not just being set up to facilitate the entry and stay of the sole representative but also plans to actively engage in a business of the same nature as the foreign entity.

Representative of an overseas business visa application process

The applicant’s biometric information and supporting documents are required as part of the application process.

From outside the UK, you can apply up to three months before your trip

Getting a decision

You should receive a decision in approximately three weeks after applying from outside the UK.

Applicants can pay for a faster decision to get approval on time. Fill out the contact form to find out more about paying for a faster decision.

If you apply from inside the UK, within eight weeks, you will receive a decision.

Should your application take longer than expected, United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will contact you.

Tip: In the event that you apply before your last visa expires, you can stay in the UK until you receive a decision. You cannot travel outside the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man. Doing so will result in the withdrawal of your application.

Depending on where you are, you can get a visa decision faster. Contact Royal Migration and relax while our team of expert immigration consultants and Attorneys get it done for you.

Questions? You’re covered

Under a Representative of an Overseas Business visa, you can extend your stay in the UK. You must apply before the expiration of your current visa.

It is possible to extend a visa for your partner or children at the same time you do yours, or at any time before the expiration of their current visas.

After 5 years in the UK and an ongoing job with the same company, you can apply for permanent settlement. Royal Migration has 20-plus years’ of experience in visa application with a demonstrated success record of at least 252,000 visas. Fill out the contact form and relax while we handle the process for you.

Yes, it is possible! The child(ren) will be added as a dependent.
You must do this if you want to travel with them in and out of the UK.
You will need to provide a full UK birth identification document for each child.

Representative of an Overseas Business Visa Eligibility Check

Are you eligible for the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?

You may travel to the UK if you work for a foreign newspaper, news organization, or broadcasting company and are sent here on a long-term assignment. Contact us to discuss your eligibility with one of our business immigration consultants.

Make the best out of your application, let's assist you

Request a call

Trending Programs